Under the current COVID-19 Control Plan, Massachusetts for-hire vessels are required to keep our customers, captain, and our local towns and communities safe. Outermost Angling Charters is following state-issued health and safety protocols as follows.
1) Any person with symptoms consistent with COVID-19 may not enter the vessel.
2) Social distancing: All persons are required to stay at least six feet apart to the greatest extent possible while aboard as well as on town landings, docks and in parking areas near the boarding site.
3) Face coverings: Masks or face coverings that meet the recommendations contained in CDC and Dept. of Public Health guidance must be worn by all passengers and crew while aboard the vessel as well as on town landings, docks and in parking areas near the boarding site.
4) Cleaning and hygiene: Alcohol-based sanitizer will be provided to passengers for frequent hand sanitizing. A supply of soap, water, and paper towels will also be available. Crew will wash hands frequently while underway and will sanitize fishing rods and high-touch surfaces on the boat at regular intervals.
5) Food and equipment: Passengers must bring their own food and drinks onboard. Food and drinks must be kept separate from the crew’s food and drinks. Passengers and crew should not pass or share fishing rods or equipment, to the maximum extent possible.
Signs will be posted on the vessel to remind everyone of the rules. A comprehensive list of safety standards for for-hire fishing and vessels may be found here.